Almost done with 1981.
- The boys run down the card. David has literally nothing memorized.
Jake Roberts/Blackjack Mulligan v Nikolai Volkoff/Charlie Fulton
Not a terrible little southern style tag match. I really wish they would stick with a partner for Jake if they want him in tag title contention so bad. Volkoff sucked but everyone else was alright enough for a point. 1-1
Winner: Blackjack got the win for his team by pinning Fulton with a move the cameras apparently missed from every angle. Amazing.
- Blackjack cuts a blown up ass promo and admits it. He puts over Mid-Atlantic.
- We get the Sandy Scott promo about talent from last week.
- We throw to the same Tommy Rich match from last week.
- No need to watch that twice.
- They also show the deal with Angelo Mosca and Piper/Slaughter, again from last week. Wild hearing Vince on Mid-Atlantic though.
- Blackjack gives his thoughts on all the time filling that just went on. He wants the Cadillac. We segway into a video of him and Big John Stud getting into it. He wants Stud as well.
- Sarge is out now. Wahoo didn’t answer his challenge so he wants anyone else. Also anyone who gets out of the Cobra Clutch gets a thousand smackeroos. Sarge is on a roll and doesn’t care. Love it. Oh, shit. A Jim Nelson match.
Jim Nelson v Keith Larson
Yep a Boris Zhukov match. Go ahead and assume I hated it and move on with your day. 1-2
Winner: Big head wins with the Cobra Clutch.
- Steamboat is out with a sack full of mail. He wants Piper and hopes the fan support will help him.
Ricky wasn’t exactly a great promo guy so this was eh.
Ninja (w/Jim Holiday) v Vinnie Valentino
They let Jim Holiday join commentary and I almost died from boredom. The Ninja had a couple of nice throws and it wasn’t as boring as normal so I’ll be charitable. 2-3
Winner: Ninja after a diving headbutt.
Roddy Piper/Ole Anderson v Don Kernodle/Tony Anthony
The Dirty White Boy certainly looked different here. Ole and Piper gave them just enough to make it entertaining but it was still just a squash. I’m alright with it though. 3-4
Winner: Ole got the win by destroying Tony’s arm.
- They keep attacking after the match like a couple of jerks until Steamboat and Jake make the save.
- Steamboat is upset. Jake talks circles around Ricky obviously.