Hard to believe that this show was two decades ago.
August 27, 2000
Raleigh, North Carolina
Commentary: JR and The King
- Stevie cut the usual RTC promo before the match. Rikishi interrupts with some of the Godfather’s former ladies (including Victoria).
6 Man Tag: Too Cool (Grand Master Sexay/Rikishi/Scotty 2 Hotty with Mandy/Victoria) v Right to Censor (Bull Buchanan/TheGoodfather/Steven Richards)
The crowd popped for everything these guys did out there. Hard to explain why and how Too Cool was over but they sure were. Match was nothing though. 0-1
Winner: RTC after a weak assed Stevie-kick to Scotty.
- Recap of Kurt arriving on Heat and talking down to Coach. Stephanie then arrived and Kurt went to her locker room.
- They then recap the kiss from Smackdown.
- Shane is with Cole. He runs when he sees Blackman arrive.
- There’s a recap of X-Pac putting Dogg through the table. Then Road Dogg does his usual spiel.
X-Pac v Road Dogg
Crowd loved Road Dogg so that’s something. I mean not enough something to make him good, but still something. 0-2
Winner: X-Pac after a low blow and an X-Factor.
- X-Pac cuts a promo about no hard feelings but gets nailed with the pump handle slam. Sore loser.
- We get a commercial for Vinnie’s Steakhouse in Raleigh because reasons.
- Chyna (looking probably the best she would ever look) and Eddie talk backstage. Apparently one of them will get lucky tonight.
- Trish tries to talk to Val about centerfolds but he’s only worried about the belt.
- Raw is on at 11 tomorrow for some reason.
Intergender Tag/Intercontinental Championship: Eddie Guerreo/Chyna v Trish Stratus/(C) Val Venis
Way better than I thought it would be. I like white gear Val. They kept the Trish/Chyna interaction limited and that helped tremendously. 1-3
Winner: Chyna after a Gorilla Press on Trish.
- Footage of Cole from WWF New York with Foley on WWF Radio. Trish and Too Cool arrived. Foley was a comedic genius.
- Steph is with Janet the make-up lady. They discuss the Kurt kiss.
- Recap of the Tazz/JR feud. Tazz makes his entrance doing his JR impression.
Tazz v Jerry Lawler
I like the work of these guys usually but they spent more time on the JR angle than the match. Shame. 1-4
Winner: Jerry after JR hit Tazz with a candy jar.
- Lillian asks Shane about Angle/Stephanie but Blackman finds Shane again.
- We get a recap of the 60 dudes that helped win Shane the belt on Raw.
Hardcore Championship: (C) Shane McMahon v Steve Blackman
Blackman was a freak here and Shane was out of his mind. May have been a bit too much outside interference but the actual match portion was fun. The ending was good enough for a point by itself. 2-5
Winner: Blackman after a elbow drop from on high after Shane fell from the Tron.
- Shane was taken out on a stretcher.
- Stephanie is upset about Shane dying and Kurt arrives to console her. Foley busts in to make a pun though so it’s fine.
- Recap of the Jericho/Benoit feud.
2 out of 3 Falls: Chris Jericho v Chris Benoit
These two have never had a BAD match. It’s not my favorite of their never ending series but it was damn good by any measurement. 3-6
Winner: Benoit won Fall 3 with an inside cradle.
- HHH arrives and they recap the Kurt/Stephanie deal again.
- Recap of the Tag Title situation.
WWF Tag Team Championships/Tables, Ladders and Chairs/Triple Threat: (C) Edge/Christian v The Hardy Boyz (Matt/Jeff) v The Dudley Boyz (Bubba/D-Von)
Yeah, it holds up. One of the greatest car wreck matches in the history of wrestling. I’d give it 2 points if I could. The good shit right here. 4-7
Winners: The Champs retained after retrieving the belts.
- HHH is having issues with his wife about the kiss. She blames Kurt. DRAMA.
- Recap of the legendary Stinkface feud.
Stinkface Match: The Kat (w/Al Snow) v Terri (w/Perry Saturn)
What do you think? 4-8
Winner: The Kat after a Stinkface.
- The APA is at WWF New York getting drunk.
- Shit, I forgot to mail my bill in twenty years ago for free Rock Sunglasses.
- A recap of this chapter of the Kane/Undertaker feud.
No Disqualification: Kane v The Undertaker
I didn’t particularly like this era for either dude and this match didn’t change my mind on it. 4-9
Winner: No Contest after Kane took off after his mask was removed, technically it never really started.
- Kurt makes a call on his old ass cell phone to Stephanie who pretends it’s Linda. HHH tries to talk but for some reason “Linda” hung up.
- Recap of the setup of the main event.
- Kurt apologizes for not kissing Stephanie sooner. Calls out the passion of HHH. Oops.
Triple Threat/WWF Championship: (C) The Rock v Kurt Angle v HHH
Considering they had to completely rethink the entire match after Angle got knocked loopy this was a really good match. You had to expect Rock and HHH to keep it together and they sure did. Hell of a main event. 5-10
Winner: Rock retained after a People’s Elbow on HHH.
- Kurt carried Stephanie to the back after the match. Why did they drop the ball on a HHH face turn here?
Final Tally? 5-10. Not the home run show I remember it being but times and tastes change. Still at less than 3 hours it wasn’t too bad.
All Images Available at WWE.com
Follow me right here.
Yeah please support and hit up our store!