Back to 1982.
Commentary: Gene Goodson and Fritz Von Erich
- Gene kills all his credibility by declaring Fritz the number one wrestler in the world. Jesus.
- They run down the card, which I still love.
Raul Castro v “Captain” Frank Dusek (w/Bill Irwin)
Well the tape is garbage, Fritz is bad on commentary, Dusek looked like shit and Castro isn’t good. Not a great start. 0-1
Winner: Dusek with a god awful looking DDT.
- Gene is with Jose Lothario and “Big Daddy” Bundy. Jose believes Bundy can take Andre. Yeah man. Babyface Bundy is wild still.
“Wild” Bill Irwin (w/Frank Dusek) v Jesse “Relampago” Leon
Well it was better than the first match. Nothing flashy but they at least looked like trained wrestlers. What a high bar. 1-2
Winner: Bill with a second rope something or other. Maybe an elbow?
- Gene is back, this time with Gary and Kabuki. Gary cuts a mean promo. Ninja style? He also drops in the word oriental in for added racist flare. This didn’t age well.
Great Kabuki (w/Gary Hart) v Kerry Von Erich
Not a bad match. Kabuki used his tickle hold a lot but it was fine. Kerry’s back was one giant zit so you can guess how many steroids he was on. At least Fritz left the booth. 2-3
Winner: It was a double DQ due to Gary Hart and Fritz getting involved.
Carlos Zapata v Kevin Von Erich
Not much to this. Just a squash for Kevin. He looked alright and I wasn’t bored. 3-4
Winner: Kevin with a leg scissors.
American Tag Team Champions Armand Hussian/Tim Brooks v Jose Lothario/Tom Shaft
The weird two referee rule was in effect for what was a non title match. This had some really terribly hokey shit in it, especially from Hussian. Woof. 3-5
Winner: Another non finish, this time a time limit draw.
- The crowd chants 5 more minutes. Idiots.
- Gene tells us goodbye.
Final Tally? 3-5 There was more individual stuff that I hated this week but it’s still hard to hate on a 45 minute show that was more good than bad.
All Images Available at WWE.com
Follow me right here.
Yeah please support and hit up our store!