We are going to try something different this week. I’m going to be giving the matches/segments a point for every part I enjoy and give the show a total score at the end. It’ll be just like a report card but on people in spandex.
- We start out with the Big Dog. He calls out Finn Balor and apparently the main event is set. Corbin comes out to complain and Angle shows a little balls finally by putting him in a match right now.
Bobby Lashley defeated Baron Corbin.
THE OPENING INTERVIEW WASN’T SUPER LONG AND IT SERVED IT’S PURPOSE. THE CORBIN VS LASHLEY MATCH WASN’T TOO BAD AND CORBIN GOT PUNCHED A LOT. 1 FOR 1
- Heyman comes in to set up Brock’s rematch but Angle essentially tells him to kiss his ass. Good to see Kurt showing balls. Corbin then came in to whine some more and Kurt stands his ground.
GOOD TO SEE KURT NOT BEING A COMPLETE WUSS. I SHOULD HAVE GUESSED WHAT WAS COMING THOUGH. 2 FOR 2
Riott Squad defeated Bayley, Sasha Banks and Ember Moon
THIS WAS FINE BUT THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH THESE LADIES BESIDES THE SAME COMBOS TRADING WINS AND LOSSES EVERY WEEK. 2 FOR 3
- Triple H is out to hype up the upcoming match with the Undertaker.
HECK OF A PROMO BUT THE MATCH IS PRETTY FAR OFF AND DOESN’T HAVE ANY STORYLINE IMPLICATIONS. 3 FOR 4 THOUGH BECAUSE HHH RULES.
Dean Ambrose defeated Dolph Ziggler
I LIKE THE NEW AND IMPROVED AMBROSE. THE MATCH WAS DECENT AND KEPT THE ISSUE OPEN FOR FURTHER REVIEW. 4 FOR 5
- Elias yells at people backstage.
- Braun threatens Finn.
- Elias arrives for another concert but gets interrupted by Curt Hawkins.
Elias defeated Curt Hawkins
I LUMPED THIS TOGETHER BECAUSE IT WAS ALL HERE TO FILL TIME EXCEPT FOR THE BRAUN THREAT. EH. 4 FOR 6
- Dana and Apollo seem to be on some sneaky shit.
Authors of Pain defeated Titus Worldwide
WELL, I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THIS WAS A THING THAT HAPPENED. REMEMBER WHEN APOLLO WAS A CAN’T MISS DEAL AND THE AUTHORS WERE ON THEIR WAY TO GREATNESS? NO? GOOD JOB WWE. 4 FOR 7
- Stephanie arrives to make the Women’s division look like shit again. Ronda arrives and still is really shaky on the mic, even Steph leading her through it doesn’t help. She ends up getting the armbar on Steph again but too little too late to save this segment. 4 FOR 8
Scott Dawson defeated Bo Dallas
Dash Wilder defeated Curtis Axel
I LOVE THE REVIVAL AND THE B-TEAM IS FINE BUT THIS SERVED NO PURPOSE. WE KNOW THAT THE B-TEAM IS A FLUKE AND STUFF LIKE THIS ONLY REINFORCES THE POINT. 4 FOR 9
- Kurt goes to check on Stephanie and gets put on vacation and now Corbin is acting GM. I hate this so much. 4 FOR 10
Roman Reigns defeated Finn Balor
I REALLY LIKED THIS MATCH A LOT. FINN WASN’T MADE TO LOOK BAD IN ANY WAY AND THE CHAMP GOT TO STAY DOMINANT. 5 FOR 11
- Braun is about to kill Roman and cash in but then the GD SHIELD reunite to take out the big man and save Roman’s title. He hung with them for a sec but ended up taking the triple powerbomb through a table.
IT CAME ACROSS PRETTY HEELISH TO ME BUT IT WAS EXCITING NONETHELESS. THE SHIELD ALWAYS WAS A GOOD FACTION AND THEM TURNING INTO THE MODERN DAY HORESEMEN ISN’T THE WORST IDEA EVER. 6 FOR 11
OVERALL: 6 FOR 11 IS AN F UNFORTUNATELY. A LITTLE TOO MUCH FILLER THIS WEEK. I DID LIKE THE MAIN EVENT THOUGH.
Follow me on Twitter
Or on the shiny new Facebook page.