Hey welcome to another recap of the show that you loved as a kid but as an adult drains the soul right out of you, Raw! Money in the Bank is Sunday so let’s see if they can get their crap together.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Jonathan Coachman
- Every Raw participant in the Money in the Bank matches are in the ring on ladders. The only people that sound like humans are Alexa, KO and to a lesser extent Braun. Alexa and KO carry this segment, but the real highlight was Baron Corbin’s new haircut. About damn time brother.
Match 1: Fatal 4-Way
Natalya defeated Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss and Ember Moon after Alexa tapped to the Sharpshooter,
I liked this one. They gave the ladies time to tell a story and they all looked at the very least decent out there. Natalya winning doesn’t make me happy but hopefully that means she won’t win Sunday.
- Owens continues to be show MVP by offering Balor olives (didn’t have an olive branch) and trying to talk him into teaming up on Braun. Kevin continues to be the smartest bastard in the room.
Match 2: Tag Team
Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre defeated Breezango after the Zig Zag/Claymore combo.
SQUASH. It did serve it’s purpose though, so I can’t be super mad.
- D and D cut a promo after the match. They are good etc. etc..
- Roman is backstage and declares Jinder a moron. Can’t argue that.
Match 3: Single
Roman Reigns defeated Sunil Singh with the spear.
This was set up by the old bait and switch. Roman killed Sunil and then Jinder left him laying. Just storyline advancement.
Match 4: Tag Team
The B-Team defeated Heath Slater & Rhyno with a a belly to back suplex/neckbreaker.
Another sub 2-minute match. Not the best show for wrestling since match 1.
- The tag champs cut a very “Woken” promo giving them shit.
- Elias is out to sing us a song. He then shows off his newly gifted guitar and if you don’t know what happens to that thing you shouldn’t be reading this. Seth destroys it and it takes too long. Eh, this show is going downhill fast.
- KO tries to talk Bob Roode into helping with Braun as well. MVP of the show guys.
- The Riott squad causes “chaos” backstage.
Match 5: Single
Ruby Riott defeated Bayley with the Riott Kick.
This got plenty of time but they didn’t really click. The Riott Squad being a pain in Bayley’s ass was kinda fun but overall it felt like they were just filling time. Maybe they should have given some of this time to any of the other matches? Eh. At least I like these two.
- After the match the rWo draws on Bayley.
- Natty warns Ronda about Nia.
- The Coach moderates the Nia Jax and Ronda debate. Nia actually sounds human next to Ronda. This ends in a brawl and Nia tapping to the armbar. More time filling but Ronda is a star regardless.
Match 6: Single
No Way Jose defeated Curt Hawkins with a pop-up-punch.
Curt tried to sneak in disguised as a Rosebud but got knocked out anyway.
- Roode and Balor are worried.
- Special Olympian video.
- Sami and Lashley are supposed to compete in a obstacle course but Sami jumps Bobby instead. What a magnificent jerk. Also Renee was there for some reason.
- Finn, KO and Bobby are still at odds but Braun comes up and suggests they should team up on him. Dude is a badass.
Match 7: Fatal 4-Way
Braun Strowman defeated Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens and Bobby Roode after power slamming KO on a ladder.
Well Braun looks like a monster that can’t be beaten so…what can you do with it? Are you putting the belt on him? Probably not because Brock isn’t around. I liked this match fine but at the end of the day the Raw brand shouldn’t get that case.
Overall Thoughts: This show was a shit sandwich. Decent match, garbage, decent ending. Hopefully the PPV will be alright though.
All Images Available at WWE.com
Follow me on Twitter- at bigredfrench